Looking for some dinner inspiration? You're going to want to save this recipe!
Don't be fooled by the unassuming appearance of our Creamy Parsnip Puree and Roasted Cauliflower Steak recipe, because it sure does pack a protein punch, thanks to the addition of our Au Naturel Alkaline Complete Protein Powder... and we're sure it will leave your taste buds wanting more!
We'll start to see more parsnips available now as harvesting begins in March. This versatile vegetable can be roasted, steamed, mashed or added to soups, curries and other warming meals.
Parsnips are full of fibre and are packed full of nutrients including vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Vitamin E, Magnesium and more. While cauliflowers, also naturally high in fibre and essential vitamins and minerals, are a good source of antioxidants.
INGREDIENTS - serves 4
4 medium to large size parsnips, peeled, washed and chopped
1 to 2 scoops of VIVO Nue Au Naturel Alkaline Complete Protein Powder
1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk (more may be required)
3 - 4 garlic cloves, roasted
1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, plus 1/4 cup extra olive oil
1 head of cauliflower, washed and sliced into large pieces
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper and then place the slices of cauliflower on the baking paper.
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the parsnips, cook for approximately 15 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a jar place the extra olive oil, maple syrup and spices. Tighten the lid of the jar and shake to mix well. Pour the marinade over the cauliflower slices to coat well. Roast the cauliflower in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelised.
4. Once the parsnip is cooked, drain and transfer to a high speed blender. Add the Au Naturel protein powder, almond milk, garlic cloves and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Serve the parsnip puree in a shallow bowl with a slice of cauliflower and sprinkle over fresh parsley. Enjoy!