Brought to us by the amazing Candy Luk of @nourishandflourishsyd, this recipe is one for lunch, dinner or in between snacks! Candy's made this with vegan cheese but for those 'real' cheese lovers, you can always opt to add your fave cheese. Enjoy VIVO tribe.
1 container (300g) silken tofu, squeeze liquid out with the help of a cheese cloth - this yields about 1 cup tofu
1 cup finely chopped greens (I used broccoli)
3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
3 tbsp vegan cheddar; can be subbed with 3 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp mustard powder
Chickpea/buckwheat flour: use 1/4 cup for thin pancake-like patties with soft centre; use up to 3/4 cup for denser patties
1/4 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp Naturel protein
1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds or nuts/seeds of choice
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- Mash tofu in a bowl with a fork until smooth
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well, the batter should resemble a pancake batter
- Heat a non-stick pan with a bit of oil
- Use a round spoon, scoop one tablespoon at a time and drop onto the heated pan. Flatten with the spoon.
- Cook like you’re making pancakes! Fry until both sides are golden brown.