Get ready for a burst of flavour with every crunchy bite! This delicious granola recipe packs a serious punch - loaded with protein and delicious wholefood nutrients.
Simply combine nuts, seeds, VIVO Nue Vanilla Creme Protein Powder and spices and wait for the delicious aroma to waft throughout your kitchen while it is toasting in the oven to perfection.
Try sprinkling it over coconut yoghurt, add it to your chia seed puddings, smoothie bowls or enjoy it as a tasty standalone snack, because let's be real - it's so good that you might just find yourself eating it straight from the jar.
2 cups raw buckwheat, soaked overnight
1 cup pumpkin or pepita seeds
1. cup sunflower seeds
1 cup rice puffs
2 - 3 scoops of VIVO Nue Vanilla Creme Protein Powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
2 cups raw almonds
1 cup walnuts
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup dried currants (sultanas or cranberries also work well too!)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. After allowing the buckwheat to soak overnight, be sure to rinse it under running water before draining and placing into a large bowl. Add the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, rice puffs, protein powder, cinnamon and maple syrup to a bowl.
2. In a high speed blender add the almonds and walnuts and pulse for 1 to 3 seconds to chop the nuts into smaller bite sized pieces. Be sure not to chop the nuts for too long as it will turn to a flour like consistency.
3. Add the chopped nuts and coconut oil to the bowl of ingredients and stir well to combine.
4. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper, spread the granola mixture over the baking tray evenly. Place into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes (be sure to check the mixture half way through the cooking time to make sure it doesn't burn).
5. Remove the granola from the oven and allow the granola to cool to room temperature on the oven tray. Once cooled, break the granola into chunks, stir through the coconut flakes and dried currants and then spoon the granola into a glass jar. Seal the lid and store the granola in the fridge.