We're turning our chocolate icing recipe into another chocolate inspired recipe - individual plant based chocolate tarts.
With an irresistibly smooth and creamy centre, our chocolate tarts have a delicious cacao and coconut flavour thanks to the addition of VIVO Nue Coco Bliss Alkaline Complete Protein Powder. Plus, with a little bit of crunch from the outer shell, which is filled with nuts, seeds and spices, plus we've added a scoop of our Vanilla Creme Alkaline Complete Protein Powder - this dessert will keep you coming back for more!
Ingredients - Outer Shell
1/2 cup of almonds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
3 - 4 medjool dates - pitted
1/2 cup of oats
1/2 cup buckwheat groats - soak overnight before using to activate groats
1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons coconut oil (plus extra to grease tart pans)
Maple syrup to taste
Pinch of cinnamon to taste
Ingredients - Chocolate Mousse
1 - 2 small ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
1/2 tablespoon - 1 tablespoon of cacao powder, sifted
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 - 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
Maple syrup to taste
Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees. In a high speed blender, blend together the almonds, sunflower seeds and dates until just combined - don't blend the nuts and seeds too much ensuring they are coarsely chopped.
2. Add the almonds, sunflower seeds and date mixture to a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. If the mixture is too dry, add a little more coconut oil until well combined.
3. Use a little extra coconut oil to grease each tart pan. Then add the outer shell mixture to the pans, pressing gently into the corners.
4. Place the tart pans filled with the outer shell mixture onto a baking tray and place the tray into the oven. Allow to cook for 10 minutes or until golden.
5. Remove the tart pans from the oven and allow the outer shells to cool in the pan before removing.
6. While the outer shells are cooling - prepare the chocolate mousse filling by placing all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend together until smooth.
7. Once the outer shells are cooled, remove the outer shells from the pan and fill with the chocolate mousse filling. Place into the fridge to set. Before serving add your choice of in-season fruit - strawberries, raspberries and cherries all work well. Enjoy!