Looking for a delicious and healthy pasta sauce that is not only full of wholefood ingredients, but is packed full of protein too?
Our simple yet delicious and flavourful pasta sauce recipe is a great way to add our plant-based protein powder to your diet while enjoying a nourishing, warming and satisfying meal - something we all tend to reach for in the cooler weather.
With a rich tomato flavour, hints of fresh basil and oregano, this sauce is the perfect accompaniment to a plant-based, gluten free pasta... our favourite? We love pasta made from chickpeas - it is full of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
To make this sauce, all you need is a few staple ingredients and of course, our Au Naturel Alkaline Complete Protein Powder. With little to no taste or texture, it's the perfect plant-based protein powder to add to savoury meals and is suitable for the whole family. Plus it is a great way to sneak in some extra protein into meals for fussy eaters who may not be getting enough through their normal diet.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 brown onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 - 3 fresh roma tomatoes chopped
1 - 2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 stalk of fresh basil leaves, chopped (or to taste)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup water
Gluten free pasta
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant - approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the crushed tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, tomato paste and herbs and stir well to combine. Season to taste.
3. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer covered for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add to the saucepan VIVO Nue Au Naturel Alkaline Complete Protein Powder and whisk until completely combined. Add enough water to the sauce to thin it out to your desired consistency.
5. Allow the sauce to simmer for an additional 5 minutes to allow the flavours to come together. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil and add your choice of gluten free pasta. Once cooked, drain the pasta, place into serving bowls and top with pasta sauce. Enjoy!